Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: about one hour
Servings: Â about 6
After this year’s second winter storm, what better way to warm up and stay cozy than with homemade soup. Chicken Tortilla soup combines tomatoes, refried beans, corn, chicken and chicken broth for a meal that’s quick and easy.
- Two 10 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- Two cans 14 ounce of chicken broth
- One 16 ounce can of refried beans
- Â½ cup frozen corn
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- Â¾ cups of tortilla strips/ broken tortilla chips
- Green chili peppers for added spice (optional)
Stir tomatoes, chicken broth, beans, green chili peppers and thawed corn in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and heat until desired temperature is reached.
Serve soup topped with tortilla strips or broken tortilla chips, or even add sour cream and avocado as a topping.