This easy recipe makes a quick lunch or dinner with simple ingredients. It was one of the first recipes my mom taught me, and is now one of my go to meals while at school. Â Try using whole-wheat pasta for an even healthier take on it, or even brown rice pasta, which is surprisingly tasty for a gluten free option!
- 1 box of whole wheat or brown rice pasta
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of thawed frozen corn
- Â¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Â½ cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta for about 10 minutes, or until al dente
- In a saucepan heat olive oil and sautÃ© garlic, stir in the corn, then add the tomatoes until they are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Combine pasta and vegetables in a bowl, and add olive oil and salt and pepper as necessary. Add feta cheese and mix in chopped basil. Serve at room temperature.