- The Rhode Island basketball team’s win over American was exactly how we predicted it with a decent offensive performance, but fantastic defensive performance. Transfer Four McGlynn’s four 3-pointers really stood out.
- The URI women’s volleyball team’s victory over VCU capped off a successful regular season as they Â finished as the third seed in the Atlantic 10 tournament. They will play the sixth-seeded Duquesne Dukes. This team can make a serious run with Audrey Castro, Franki Darnold and Callan Kinnan among the leaders.
- The Rhody football defense was fantastic on Saturday holding Stony Brook to just 260 total yards. They also forced one turnover and held the Sea Wolves to just 2-14 on third down conversions.
- The injury to E.C. Matthews is a really tough break for a team that I believe was the favorite to win the Atlantic 10. This team was absolutely loaded, and Matthews himself was picked by CBS Sports as the Atlantic 10 Preseason Player of the Year. This loss will hurt, but the good news is this team is still ultra-talented and Four McGlynn can slide right in the starting lineup.
- The Rhode Island football offense had a seriously rough performance on Saturday with just 135 total yards of offense, two interceptions and a fumble lost.
Player of the Week:
Audrey Castro (3-2 win @ VCU) – Castro led the team with 23 kills and will be a vital part if the Rams are going to advance in the Atlantic 10 tournament.
Team of the Week: URI women’s volleyball (3-2 win @ VCU) – The Rams closed out the regular season with a strong performance. Congratulations to head coach Bob Schneck on his 600th career win.
Off the Record: Â The Patriots’ score in the first quarter against the Giants broke an NFL record for scoring in consecutive quarters with 32 straight. They extended it to 35 by the end of the game. They also clinched their 15th consecutive winning season.