Call this a sort of part two to my Writer’s Ranking of my top 30 favorite songs if you will. Again, I love listening to music 24/7 and I love all kinds of music. I mainly enjoy listening to Korean Pop music and have been a huge fan of multiple K-Pop groups and soloists since 2018.
So, now I’m rating my top 10 bands that I listen to. A majority of them are K-Pop bands, but I threw a western band in the mix as well. Disclaimer: I love all of these bands the same and will never say I hate any of them, they are all my favorites.
- Seventeen is one of my all time favorite K-Pop bands and holds a special place in my heart. They are just so talented and creative with all of their songs and music videos. All 13 members, S.Coups, Jeonghan, Joshua, Jun, Hoshi, Wonwoo, Woozi, DK, Mingyu, The8 (Minghao), Seungkwan, Vernon and Dino have so much power and energy when it comes to their performances. They are also so funny and have made me laugh so hard when watching their videos. They have made me smile on days where I have been very down, and I really love and appreciate what they do for their fans. The vocals team has just such powerful and angelic voices, the hip-hip team always delivers smooth and creative raps, and the performance team always kills it with the choreographies. Wonwoo, Joshua and Minghao are my favorite members, but I love all 13 of them equally.
- NCT (All Units) is another one of my all time favorites that also holds a special place in my heart. They have four subunit bands (NCT U, NCT 127, NCT Dream and WayV), soon to be five (NCT Tokyo), and I love them all. Taeil, Johnny, Taeyong, Yuta, Kun, Doyoung, Ten, Jaehyun, WinWin, Jungwoo, Lucas, Mark, Xiaojun, Hendery, Renjun, Jeno, Haechan, Jaemin, YangYang, Shotaro, Sungchan, Chenle and Jisung are all so talented and kind. Their voices are beautiful and meld together perfectly on all of their songs. The vocalists always provide such iconic and heavenly vocals in each unit. The rappers for each unit are so talented with their verses and writing them. The dancers are just absolutely amazing and shape with their movements. They are also such great guys and hilarious comedians. Yuta, Shotaro, Renjun and YangYang are my favorite members, but I love all 23 of them equally.
- TWICE is my favorite K-Pop girl group and again holds a very special place in my heart. They are so funny, sweet, talented and each member is unique in their own way. Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo, Mina, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu have so much talent and love for their work. They constantly impress their fans and keep them “well fed” with all of their music content. They have done so much since their debut in October of 2015, and they have never once disappointed their fans. They are always doing the most with their music and work so hard to give their fans unforgettable choreographies and music videos. They are so lovable and hilarious, I can never take them seriously when I watch their videos. Mina, Jeongyeon and Momo are my favorite members, but I love all nine of them equally.
- Stray Kids also has a very special place in my heart because they are one of the bands that got me into the K-Pop industry. They were my very first concert ever, June 29, 2022, which was the best experience of my life. Their three and a half hour performance was something I will never forget. The rappers of this group are so talented and cool. The dancers have the most dope and fluid movements ever. And the vocals that come from all of them are divine. All eight members, Bang Chan, Lee Know, Changbin, Hyunjin, Han, Felix, Seungmin and I.N (real name is Jeongin) have so much talent and creativity, and they are also such good guys. They are absolutely hysterical, and watching their videos gives me such a boost of serotonin. Felix, I.N. and Changbin are my favorite members, but I love all eight of them equally.
- Red Velvet is a group consisting of five gorgeous, talented and flawless women. Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy and Yeri have the most angelic and enchanting voices that I have ever heard, not just in K-Pop. Their regal concept and personalities are absolutely amazing, and the fact that they go from poised and professional to chill and funny girls is so cool. I am obsessed with their music and their choreographies. Irene and Yeri are my favorite but I love all five of them equally.
- Little Mix was the first band that I ever truly got into, and I still love them to this day. Leigh-Anne, Perrie and Jade are so iconic and so lovely. They have such great voices and are so talented in every way. They have come such a long way since their beginning since 2011, and they are technically not together anymore, but I hope one day they will come back and make some more amazing music.
- ITZY has been a recent band that I have been really into. They don’t have a lot of music out, but the music they do have out is really good. All five of the members, Yeji, Lia, Ryujin, Chaeryeong and Yuna are so talented and really sweet. They were actually my second concert that I went to with my brother on November 10, 2022. They have such good music and they are really a great band to listen to and watch.
- The Boyz is another recent band that I got into, and I am so happy that I did. They have the funniest guys in this group and they are all so sweet and kind. The 11 members, Sangyeon, Jacob, Younghoon, Hyunjae, Juyeon, Kevin, New, Q, Juhaknyeon, Sunwoo and Eric have such great personalities and are all so talented in their work. Their music is so creative and unique. The vocals, rapping and dancing are top tier. Eric, Hyunjae and Kevin are my favorite members, but again, I love all 11 members equally.
- ATEEZ is one of the coolest and most hardcore K-Pop bands that I know. They have such a diverse discography and each member is so skilled in their craft. There are eight members in this group: Seonghwa, Hongjoong, Yunho, Yeosang, San, Mingi, Wooyoung and Jongho. The rappers of this group always have amazing rap verses. This group’s choreography is so intense and energetic, and the vocals are spectacular. Mingi, Yeosang and San are my favorite members, and I keep repeating myself, but I love all eight of them equally.
- Girls’ Generation is an older group that I got into and have fallen in love with very quickly. They debuted in 2009, and they have some of the best songs that I have ever heard. There are eight members in this group: Taeyeon, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun. They are all so talented and so funny. It’s hard not to know about Girls’ Generation if you’re a K-Pop fan because they are one of the most popular and iconic bands in the industry.
Some very honorable mentions are The Rampage (from Exile Tribe, a J-Pop band), Astro, BLACKPINK, BTS, Why Don’t We, Destiny’s Child and Journey. BLACKPINK and BTS are the two main K-Pop bands that really got me into K-Pop, but Stray Kids and TWICE furthered those efforts.
I love music so much, and I especially love K-Pop a lot, if you couldn’t already tell. If you want to listen to some good music with amazing beats, vocals, rapping and choreography, then you should get into K-Pop. You should also get into it if you want a huge boost of serotonin and just laugh hysterically at their videos and interviews.